Monday, April 25, 2011

Baking Bread

I have a love/hate relationship with food network magazine. On the love side, their food looks GORGEOUS. I mean seriously. Even their french fries look like someone scoured the globe for the perfect fry. My food NEVER  looks like their food. Even if I follow all the directions, have all the ingredients, and use the proper tools to make the dish. I know, I know, they have food stylists and all. But still. It is depressing when you set out to make some gourmet mac and cheese and it ends up looking like velveeta. (not that there is anything wrong with a good ole velveeta mac).

Tonight I'm experimenting with the Mix n' Match section of their magazine, and this month's feature is quick breads. You choose a fruit (apple, banana, etc) throw in some mix ins (oats, chocolate chips, dried cranberrys) and kazaam! quick bread. Or something like that. I didn't quite follow the directions. I added more chocolate chips (does anyone not add more chocolate chips?) I also added less apples (six small apples does not equal a cup, fyi.).  At any rate, it smells good. Hopefully it will taste good. I'll update on the taste when it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment